Experro allows you to integrate with your existing Shopify account, which syncs your store’s data (customers, products, orders, and more) in real-time with our CMS.
This integration will allow you to segment your customers and personalize their purchasing experience on your storefront to boost sales with customizable algorithms for recommended best-selling products and much more!
It would be best to have an API Token with the necessary read-and-write access. In case you don't have one, follow the below steps to create an API Token:
- Log in to your Shopify account and create an app. Learn more
- Configure Admin and Storefront access tokens with the required scope. Copy them when they’re generated.
- Copy the API Key and Secret Key as well.
- You also need to copy the store hash, which is in your store's URL: (your-store-name.myshopify.com)
Note: A store can be added by the user having a ‘Workspace Admin’ or ‘Super Admin role. Learn more about the roles and permissions.
Adding the Shopify stores
Let's add your store to Experro:
- Go to your workspace.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Platforms
- You will be redirected to the screen where you will see all the e-commerce platforms that Experro supports.
- Click on the Shopify block, and you will be redirected to the Shopify detail page.
- Click on the Add Platform button, and a popup will appear to confirm the installation.
- Note: There can be only one eCommerce platform installed in a workspace.
- When you choose to click on Install, the platform will be successfully installed, and you can add multiple stores.
- Now you can add your Shopify stores to Experro by clicking on the Add Store button.
- Clicking on the button will redirect you to a screen where you need to provide the following information:
- Select Environment: Select the environment where you want to add this store. e.g., Development or Production.
- Store Name: Provide a name for the store that will be used to identify your store in Experro.
- Shopify Store Name: Enter the name of the Shopify store as it is in Shopify.
- Store URL: Paste your store URL (your-store-name.myshopify.com)
- Storefront Access Token: Paste the storefront access token that you copied earlier.
- Admin Access Token: Paste the admin access token that you copied earlier.
- Api key: Paste the api key that you copied earlier.
- Secret key: Paste the secret key that you copied earlier.
- Once you have added the details, click on the Connect button to initiate the connection.
- Once all the details are verified and correct, the store will establish a connection and initiate an immediate sync. Experro will start syncing the products and categories.
- When the store is connected successfully, you will be redirected to the store listing screen.
- To create an additional store, you need to have at least one available environment. For instance, if you have chosen both the "Development" and "Production" environments and there are no other environments available, you won't be able to create another store.
If you need to remove the Shopify platform, then you can click on the Uninstall button displayed on this listing screen, and all the connected stores will be removed and sync will stop immediately.
View your Shopify store details
If you wish to view the details of any store that you have added or removed, then you can follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Platform
- Choose the Platform, and you will be redirected to the store listing screen.
- To view the details of a specific store, click on the name of that store.
- You will see the following details:
- Status: Is the store connected or disconnected?
- Environment: The environment in which you have added the store, i.e., development, production.
- Modified On: The date on which the store was last modified.
- Modified By: The user who modified the store.
- Last Synced: The date on which the store was last synced.
- You can also view the total number of Products and Categories that were synced.
- You can also sync the store at any point in time by clicking on “Sync Now” if you have made any changes to your store and want to sync before the scheduled sync, which runs automatically every 12 hours.
- If you want to remove the store, you can do that by clicking on the Remove button and confirming the action.
- You can view all the logs of the store details that are synced by selecting the Logs tab.
Change store token or key
When the token is deleted or changed, sync will stop in Experro; therefore, you’ll have to update the new token, which can be done by following the below steps:
- Go to the store listing screen.
- Hover over the store’s name and click on the three dots. Choose edit.
- Once you hit the edit button, you will be directed to the edit store screen.
- You can only update the Admin access token, Storefront access token, API key, and API secret by hitting the update button.
|Content||modify||View and modify store content|
|Checkout Content||modify||View and modify content on checkout pages|
|Customers||modify||View and modify customer information|
|Customers Login||modify||Sign customers in to your storefront|
|Information & Settings||modify||View and modify store information and settings|
|Marketing||modify||View and modify marketing information|
|Orders||modify||View and modify orders|
|Order Transactions||modify||View and modify order transactions|
|Create Payments||modify||Process payments|
|Get Payment Methods||read-only||Get a list of payment methods|
|Products||modify||View and modify products, brands, categories, and other product information.|
|Themes||modify||View and modify themes|
|Carts||modify||View and modify carts|
|Checkouts||modify||View and modify a checkout|
|Sites & Routes||modify||View and modify sites and routes|
|Channel Settings||modify||View and modify a list of channels|
|Channel Listings||modify||View and modify a list of all channel listings for a particular channel|
|Storefront API Tokens||modify||Create a storefront API token|
|Storefront API Customer Impersonation Tokens||modify||Create a storefront API token that allows customer impersonation|
|Store logs||read-only||View store logs|
|Store Inventory||modify||View and modify inventory of stock|