Experro provides you with an excellent level of control over the content that you are trying to manage. In content types, you can configure the permissions for each action that can be performed by the user like:
- Who can view fields? Or which fields will be visible?
- Who can create fields?
- Who can update fields? Or which fields will have the option to edit?
- Who can delete fields? Or which fields can be deleted?
- Who can publish fields? Or which fields can be published?
You can follow the below steps to update field permissions:
- Go to your workspace.
- Click on the Settings icon in the left sidebar.
- Click on Roles in the left side panel, and you will be directed to the role listing page.
- Hover over the role you want to update, and click on the three dots.
- Click on Edit, and you will be directed to the screen where you can update permissions for the role.
- Or you can click on the Add Role button to add a new role with restricted permissions. Learn more about roles in this article.
- Click on the Content Model tab to see its fields.
- Now tick the corresponding checkbox next to the field to assign permission to Create, Read, Update, Delete, or Publish for any of the content types.
- If you want to give read permission for all fields of a particular collection type, then tick the read checkbox next to that content type, and all fields of that collection type will be assigned with read permission.
- Once you are done, click on the Save button.