A Text type field is used to store the text form of data. This field can be used for storing information like names, titles, comments, descriptions, etc.
You can configure various properties for this field, including text type (short or long), required or not, minimum length, maximum length, default value & help text.
You can learn more about how you can add this field to a content type in this article.
Configure more options as per your need
A Text field has a few more other properties that can be configured when you add it to a content type, which are:
- Choose whether you need Short Text or Long Text field type.
- Add a regular expression to ensure the value matches a specific pattern.
- Make it a required field.
- Enable Localization
- Make it a unique field.
- Make it a private field.
- Add minimum characters limit.
- Add maximum characters limit.
- Add a default value to the field.
- Add some help text to show information in a tooltip.
- Add placeholder value.