The Email field is a special text-type field that validates an email address. You can use this field to store an email address and ensure the user enters a valid email.
There are various properties that can be configured for this field like required or not, minimum length, maximum length, default value & help text.
You can learn more about how you can add this field to a content type in this article.
Configure more options as per your need
The Email field has a few more other properties that can be configured when you add it to a content type, which is:
- Make it a required field.
- Make it a private field.
- Add minimum characters limit.
- Add maximum characters limit.
- Add a default value to the field.
- Add some help text to show information in a tooltip.
- Add placeholder value.