A role is a set of permissions assigned to multiple users to see, access, and create records within Experro. There are two types of Roles within Experro:
- Global Organization Role
- Workspace specific Role
A global role is assigned by default to the user who owns the Exeprro account. You require at least one user with a Global role, and we call him Super admin. A super admin can invite the initial users and assign workspaces and roles to them. Super admin can create other global or workspace roles to hand off required functionalities to other users.
Super Admin - Each organization has one owner, and he gets the role of Super Admin. The super admin can
- Create, edit, or delete workspace(s).
- Invite users to workspace.
- Create new Global or workspace roles.
- Create security groups.
Workspace roles and permissions
A workspace-specific role is a set of permissions that only let you operate within that workspace. When you add a user to a workspace, you assign a role to them. One user can have different permissions for each workspace within a single organization. A workspace role can be assigned to an individual or group. If one user has an individual workspace role and is also assigned to a group with a different role, he is granted permission for both roles.
Type of Pre-defined Roles
The workspace admin can do the following operations:
- Create, edit, or delete content types.
- Create, edit, delete, publish, and unpublish content entries.
- Add or remove users to a particular workspace.
- Manage permissions for users and roles.
- Manage Publish Queues.
- Manage workspace environments.
- Manage Merchandising.
- Manage workspace settings.
You can create any custom role with the set of permission as per your need.
We have the following permissions that you can restrict or allow.
For the content library, permissions can be set in the following manner:
- Give all permissions for each content type, to its fields, languages, and environments.
- Give permissions for each environment, language, and field in a content type.
For the content model, permissions can be set in the following manner:
- Give permissions to all components.
- Give permissions for all content types globally.
- Give permissions for each content type, and its fields.
- File Permissions - Allow access to create, view, update, or delete a File or Folder.
- Allow access to view, add, or delete languages available for internationalization.
- Manage 301 Redirect rules - Allow access to create, view, update, or delete 301 redirect rules.
- Manage Edge Caching - Allow access to view, add and purge caching.
- Manage Users - Allow access to manage users.
- Manage Roles - Allow access to create, update, view, or delete roles.
E-commerce Plugin - BigCommerce
- Manage BigCommerce Store - Allow access to install and manage BigCommerce stores.