An entry holds the data for your content models.
Before you get started
- Make sure you have read Basics of Content Modeling
- You have set up the proper field structure: Create a Content Model
Choose a Content Model
To create a content entry, you must choose a content model first.
- Go to your workspace.
- Click on the Content Library in the left sidebar.
- Choose the content model from the left panel.
- Click on the Add Entry button.
A content model can be of the type - Single-Entry or Multi-Entry.
- A single-entry type will allow you to edit the single entry itself.
- For the multi-entry content type, you must hit the “Add Entry” button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- A dialog will open up asking for the Title.
- If the content model acts as a webpage, it will also ask for the page slug.
Depending upon the content model, your screen will look different than this. The middle panel shows all the fields, whereas you can add the content. If you use a visual builder as part of your content type, you can launch it and design the content using the drag-drop options.
The sidebar on the right contains the language and versioning information.
If any content model is marked to act as a webpage, then you get the option to preview the entry. Preview helps you visualize your end content and verify everything before you publish it on production.
Save or Publish
Once you have added the content, click on the Save or Publish buttons. If you choose to publish, the publish dialog box will open up to choose the publishing environment and time to publish. You can read more about Publish an Entry and Unpublish an Entry.