You can publish an entry to one of the environments for the content to be displayed on the website.
If you save an entry, it is only visible on the admin side as it is in draft mode unless you publish it to one of the environments that you are using for your website.
You can follow the below steps to publish an entry:
- Go to your workspace and open Content Library.
- Open the entry in edit mode that you want to publish.
- Click on the Publish button, and a popup will appear asking for more information regarding publishing.
- Select the environment where you want to publish.
- You can either publish the entry now or schedule it on a specific date and time.
- Select the Now option and hit publish button to publish instantly.
- Or, you can select the Schedule option and specify a start and end date & time to publish the entry automatically during the set duration.
- Hit the Publish button finally to publish or schedule according to the configuration.
Things to keep in mind:
You need to keep a few things in mind while scheduling a publish for an entry:
- Version - The version which was selected at the time of publishing gets published on the selected date, even if you have created new versions afterward. Please schedule a publish once again if you want to publish the new entries.
- Internationalization - If you have enabled localization, then all the localized copies of a particular version get published together.