When you want to create a custom set of permissions that are available to a group or user, and you don’t wish to modify an existing role, you can create new roles.
Note: A role can be created by a user having the “Workspace Admin” role or permission to create roles. Learn more about the roles and permissions.
You can follow the below steps to create a role:
- Click on the gear icon for Settings in the left sidebar.
- Click on Roles under Administration in the left sidebar, and you will see the list of roles available in the workspace.
- Click on Add Role button shown at the top right corner.
- Give a suitable name and description for the role.
- Choose the permissions that you want to assign for this role.
- Once you have assigned the permissions, click on the Save button to save the changes.
Note: You have to assign roles to a user to apply the allocated proper permissions.