When you want to give a user permission to perform any operations in Experro, you assign them a role. The roles let you view and manage permissions that are available to the users.
For example, if you assign anyone a ‘Workspace Admin’ role, they will be able to perform admin operations on the workspace assigned to them.
You can also grant the user multiple roles by assigning a group. For more information, see Group Permissions.
Before you start:
Review the roles and their privileges that you already have in the workspace. By default, the following roles are available in a workspace:
- Global - You can select the Global role if you want to give super admin access.
- Workspace Admin - You can select this default admin role if you want to give full access to a workspace.
You can create and assign a custom role with restricted access that you want to give in the workspace. Learn more about creating roles.
You can proceed if you want to assign the existing role(s) to a user.
Assign a Role
You can follow the below steps to assign a role to a user:
- Click on the gear icon for “Settings” in the left sidebar.
- Click on Users under Administration in the left sidebar, and you will see the list of users available in the workspace.
- Hover over the user(s) name to whom you want to assign the role.
- Choose the Edit option by clicking on three dots.
- Click on the Roles field and select the role(s) that you want to assign from the dropdown.
- You will see the list of workspaces and their roles in the dropdown list.
- Hit the Save button to apply changes.
After saving changes, the user(s) privileges will be updated according to their new role and will take effect with the first request they make to the server (i.e., any kind of refresh or click).