A group consists of a set of users. The group defines how this set of users will gain access to your workspace. Access rights are defined by assigning one or more roles to the group.
Use groups to provide a uniform set of permissions to users who perform similar tasks and require a particular level of access. E.g., If a new social media executive joins your company, he should get view rights of all the currently running web projects. So you don’t have to add him to multiple projects and assign roles.
You can assign individual roles to users for a workspace-specific requirement to manage the content or settings.
Here are the steps to create a group:
- Go to Admin Console.
- Click on Groups in the left sidebar.
- Click on the Add Group button.
- Add details like group name and description.
- Search and select the roles that should be assigned to all the group users. You can choose workspace-wise roles which should be given to every user within this group.
- Search and select the users that should be part of this group.
- At last, click on the Save button to apply changes.
When you add the users to the group, they will get the permissions of all the roles you selected.