Merchandising requires the configuration of rules i.e. site, category, or search with their inner rules. Learn more about the merchandising rules in this article.
This article explains how you can add, update, or delete a rule.
Add a Rule
You can follow the below steps to add a site rule:
- Go to your workspace.
- Click on the Merchandising option in the left sidebar and choose an environment where you want to apply this rule.
- From the left sidebar, choose where you want to add the rules, i.e., site rules, category rules, and search rules.
- Go to the rule type, then click on Add Rule button.
- A dialog will appear, asking for the following information:
- Rule Name: Enter a suitable name for the rule.
- Description: Enter the description of the rule.
- Save changes, and you will be directed to a new screen.
Adding an inner rule
- Click on the rule name, and you will be directed to a new screen for configuring inner rules.
- The left side panel is for configuring the rules, and the right side section is to preview the impact of the configured rules.
- You will see a search bar at the top where you can search for anything that returns some products. For example, search “Dress” and you will see relevant results.
- On the left side, you can configure rules like boost, bury, include, exclude, sort, pin, or slot.
- At the top right corner, you will see date options, i.e., duration, where you can set the start and end date time for this rule to be applied in that time period.
- Once you’re done with your configuration, hit the Save button next to the duration options.