The Slot rules allow you to display products in a specified range of positions that match a particular condition, such as books that have hardcover material that should appear between 15 to 30th positions. You can further add more rules like boosting and pinning to enhance the search experience.
Slot rules can be applied globally for all the searches (site rule), specific search queries (search rule), or certain categories (category rule) which are browsed by the customers.
How to apply a slot rule?
- Add a rule by following the steps given in this article.
- Now when you add an inner rule, click the Slot tab in the left section.
- Click on Add Rule and specify the slot range in which the products should appear.
- Add any of the below condition on product attributes that filters the products which fill the specified slot.
- Contains, or Does not contain.
- Equals to, or Does not equal to.
- Less than, or Greater than.
- Less than or equal to, or Greater than or equal to.
- Click on Add button to apply the rule, and you will see the products at your specified slot with a slot icon on them in the live preview.
- Add more slots by repeating the above steps and clicking on the Add button in the rule configuration section.
- After you’re done, set a duration and click on the Save button to save this rule and make it active on your store.