About Publish Queue
When a user publishes an entry, the system moves this to the publish queue. All these actions are completed one at a time for publishing and unpublishing. You can keep publishing the entries and let the system manage the queue.
The publish queue allows you to check all the entries and content that is in the queue to publish or has been published in one place.
Publish queue displays the following details of the entries that were published, unpublished, or scheduled for publishing or unpublishing:
- ID - The id of the record/entry that is added to the queue.
- Title - The titles of the record/entry that is added to the queue.
- Model - The content model that contains the record/entry that is added to the queue.
- Date & Time - The date and time when the record/entry is added to the queue.
- User - The user who performed the action.
- Version - The version of the record/entry that is added to the queue.
- Environment - The environment in which the record/entry is added to the queue.
- Status: The current status of the record/entry that is added to the queue.
Here are the steps to view the publish queue:
- Go to your workspace settings.
- Click on the Publish Queue in the left sidebar under the General header.
- You will be directed to a screen where you will see a list of records that are present in the queue.
- You can apply filters to view the records or entries that are important to you, by choosing the below filters:
- Models: Choose specific content models whose entries were added to the queue. The list will update to show records or entries of the selected models only.
- Users: Choose specific users who published the records or entries of particular users that are in the queue.
- Status: Choose the specific status of the records or entries that are present in the queue.
- Environment: Choose the specific environment to which the entries or records were added to the queue.
- When you select any of these filters, the list will refresh and display the records or entries that matches with the selected filters.
You can make changes to the listing screen to display the information of records/entries that you need by managing columns to hide or view specific columns only. You can also use the search bar to easily find the relevant records.
View the records or entries that were added to the queue in the specific duration. See below image to understand better.
You can also arrange the columns in the listing that should be displayed whenever you visit the screen of publish queue. Simply click on the Manage Columns icon displayed at the top right corner and tick the checkboxes next to each column that you want to add, and it will appear on your screen.