What is Robots.txt?
A sitemap is an organized map of your website that helps search engines find, crawl, and index your website's content. Sitemaps tell search engines which pages on your website are most important, helping them to prioritize pages that they will crIn order for your store to be discoverable by search engines such as Google or Bing, you need to allow access to your webpages. However, there are some web pages you don't want to show up in search results, such as login pages, the search result page, and the cart and checkout. A robots.txt file is a tool that discourages search engine crawlers (robots) from indexing these pages.
You can edit your robots.txt file to change which websites are crawled. However, unless you are familiar with robots.txt files and understand the potential implications on SEO, we strongly advise refraining from doing so.
What is XML Sitemap?
A sitemap is an organized map of your website that helps search engines find, crawl, and index your website's content. Sitemaps tell search engines which pages on your website are most important, helping them to prioritize pages that they will crawl.
There are different types of sitemaps. Experro uses XML sitemaps, which are the most common. Experro generates the sitemap for your website automatically using the web pages and content that you have added to the content library.
To access your store's sitemap, go to “your-website-url/sitemap.xml”. This will be the link used when submitting your sitemap to search engines.
- Do I have to update the links in the sitemap?
- No, the sitemap is updated automatically in Experro after every 24 hours.
- When should I update my sitemap?
- If you have made any changes to your content or web pages and you want those web pages to be crawled by search engines right after you publish them, then you will have to update your sitemap manually since the automatic update happens once in 24 hours.
- What pages are included in the sitemap?
- Products, categories, brands, content web pages, and other pages are included in the sitemap, that you create or update in the Experro content library.