Redirect your old URLs to new links without much of a hustle. 301 is an HTTP status code sent by a web server to a browser to indicate a permanent redirect. This means that requests for the old URL will automatically be redirected to the new URL. The ranking power from the old URL is also transferred to the new URL through a 301 redirect, making it the most common type of redirect used when a page has been permanently moved or removed from a website.
When you change some webpage URLs that might be bookmarked by other customers, then they will get an error that the page is not found. Now using 301 redirect, you can provide new URLs for the old ones that don't exist anymore, so the customers will be redirected automatically to the new URL when they go to their bookmarked URL, which has been moved.
How to set up a 301 redirection in Experro?
You can follow the below steps to setup 301 redirection rules:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the 301 Redirects under the General header in the left side panel.
- You will be directed to the landing page of the setting, where you can add redirect rules in two ways.
- You can add a rule by clicking on the button "Add Redirect".
- If you have got a long list of redirections that you need to do, then add them to a CSV/Excel file and import it directly here by clicking on the Import button.
- When you click on the "Add Redirect" button, a popup will appear asking for the following:
- Old URL: Enter the previous or old URL here.
- New URL: Enter the current or new URL here.
- When you click on the Import button, you can drop or choose to upload your CSV file that contains the list of old and new URLs.
- Click on the Import button to update the list and initiate the working of the redirection.
- Once you have added the redirect rules, you can:
- Test the redirection: select this option to check how redirection is working.
- Edit: select this option to make changes to your existing redirection.
- Delete: select to remove an existing redirection.
- Only relative URLs are allowed, and they should start with a slash '/'.
- When importing from a file, please make sure it has a valid format for columns and values otherwise, you will get an error. You can check the allowed file format by downloading the sample file.