Add phrases for your email templates to use them in the template code. A phrase is an identifier used in the template code that outputs a string of text in the resulting email, i.e., the value of the phrase.
Adding a Phrase
You can follow the below steps to manage and configure phrases:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the Emails under the General header in the left sidebar.
- You will be redirected to the listing screen of templates, where you will see a tab named Phrases, just click on it.
- There will be a few phrases added by default, you can edit or delete them.
- You can also add more phrases by clicking on the "Add Phrase" button.
- A popup would appear that requires the following information:
- Name - The name of the phrase to identify it from other phrases.
- Value - The value of the phrase that will replace in the template where it's used.
- ShortCode - The code that is generated automatically based on the name you provide above. You can copy and paste it into your template to use it inside your template.
- Hit the Save button to save your changes.
Editing a Phrase
You can edit a phrase to make changes as per your need, it's easy.
- Hover over the phrase in the list and click on the Edit option.
- A popup will appear with its name and value, and you can update them as per your need.
- Hit the Save button to update the phrase.
- Deleting a phrase is also easy, just select the delete option from the action menu and confirm delete.